Homecoming

At a family outting a mischievious man dressed in black wandered over to my family. The man in black gave me some sort of box which had a symbol of some mysterious cult on it, the symbol specified of a dragon breathing fire with people laying at their knees bowing for peace. After the picnic we all tried to name the cult, out of no where the mysterious man appeared back from the shadows and showed us all the background information around the one cult. When we arrived home something was oddly weird "Oh i know now" i cried,
"its the envelope", i shouted. My family all sat around the table once again as i creaked open the envelope underneath the super-glued like paper. The letter was a burn't peice of paper that has sat in the firepit for years.



There sitting underneath the letter was 1 ticket to America, But what i was worried most about was not being able to return to my home town. I took it in and said to myself "i will not be harmed, i will be okay" reapeting it to myself many times so i took the ticket and without thinking went on the journey to AMERICA. The next few days which took to get there, On the letter there was also a key to a hotel. so i arrived at the hotel where there was a whole bedroom suite just for me. "i wish my family was here to experience this with me" i said to myself. Over the next few days there was sickness alerts about some sort of virus that had been called "Covid 19" then we began to be put in lockdown where we had to stay indoors and not be able to travel. Then there was deaths happening around the world " i wish i stayed back home" i said loudly, The government started to put restricitions on the states and countries.

The next weeks i began to shake because i was terrified of getting ill or getting the virus and having to spend most of my life in the hospital while my family is stuck in Conwindra hoping i would be safe. Over the next week there was over 400,000 deaths. But what i didn't know that with the letter i recieved i also got a set of private jet keys. So i snuck out of America hoping nothing would stop us from getting back home. We softly landed in a country town called Orange which was 1 hour and a half away from Canowindra. We then began to try to get a ticket for a train, but they were all closed. So we asked truck drivers to get a ride and it worked. The truck drivers had to go to Dubbo for work, so on the way there he dropped me off in Canowindra. Canowindra is where my family was waiting for me to arrive, they were so happy.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!