The Selfish King

Once upon a time, there lived a very arrogant and selfish king, this king used only one servant because he didn’t want to give away his money to them. The king was very rude to the servant and would never give him proper food, one day the servant tried his luck and said, “Oh mighty and powerful king will you please spare me some food and water?” “No, me eating food and drinking water is just like you eating and drinking,” the servant had no choice but to keep hungry.
The next day, the king went hunting on his horse and took his servant with him making him carry all the supply’s and made him make the trip on foot. They only came halfway when the servant stopped because of his hurting feet and faced the king “Oh most kind and strong king, will you please let me ride on the horse?” “Of course not, me riding a horse is like you riding a horse,” so the poor servant made the rest of the trip on foot. When they arrived at the hunting spot the king made preparations for hunting, when he was about to leave the servant went on his knees and, he asked one more time saying, “Oh my master and ruler, will you please let me go hunting with you?” “No way, me hunting is like you hunting” so with that the servant was left to take care of the horses. When the king came back, they went on their way to the palace, the king stopped to rest near a lake, then an idea came to the servant he “he would push the king in the water and drown him.” The servant put his plan to action and pushed the king in the water, the king immediately called him saying “HELP! HELP!” but all the servant said was “your majesty, me on dry land is like you being on dry land,” and with that made his way back home leaving the king to drown.

MORAL = Never be Selfish

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!