The Horrible Trip

Crunch! Crunch !Crunch! It was a gloomy, dark, Autumn day. I slowly stomped my way back home from school. The weather clearly resembled my mood. My cousins were visiting. My legs dragged me till I finally reached home. The wonderful scent of lasagne filled my nostrils. I ran up the stairs and grabbed my game controller, to take my mind off the inevitable events that were going to take place. After about two hours, I came downstairs (to get a glass of water) and I saw mum and dad talking. Cling! The glass slipped out of my hands and on to the floor. I could not believe what my mum had said! We were going on a road trip with them! Last time, They trashed the entire car and I had to clean it up! Ding dong! My cousins (Max and Lucy) ran in the house.
“Wake up, James its morning” called my mum. I knew that this was going to be a long trip!
Beep! The caravan finally came to a stop. The smell of petrol suddenly filled the air. Argh! I shouldn’t have drank that much water. Just as I stepped in the bathroom, two familiar footsteps arrived closer and closer by each second. I knew that they’d follow me.
As I made my way outside, I froze, my mouth dropped and my palms drenched in sweat. This cannot be happening!! The dark blue caravan that was once parked in front of me, has now vanished! The only thing left to do was to find our way home.
“Woah!” exclaimed Lucy. A huge, mansion stood in front of us. “Let’s go inside said Lucy. Before I could stop her she was already in. My heart forced me to follow her inside.
Unexpectedly, A tall, skinny lady approached us. She was holding an enormous, brown, sack.
“Aaah,!" Me, Lucy and Max exclaimed.
A shining blur in my eyes awoke me. I suffocated from the tight room that we woke in. A small ,dangling light lit on top of our heads. My hands felt numb from the pain of the hard rope that was tied around my wrist. “Sorry James for everything that we did”, Lucy and Max said to me. I forgave them , after all we had to stick together.
Psst!! The sudden voice alarmed me. A child stood next to me. “I can get you guys out, she spoke “but I need your help in return to get me out of here too “. The little girl (Sarah) gave me scissors. Without a moment to wait , I cut me, Lucy and Max’s rope and we bolted out of the creepy, old house to the police station.
Our parents finally came and gave us a hug . Tears fell out of my eyes as I told the story of what had happened.
“James, Lucy and Max, we need to tell you guys something” reported mum and aunty after we finished the story “This was all planned to get you guys to be friends, do you really think we would leave you guys alone?”
My eyeballs nearly dropped out of my eyelids. I was shocked to death. But at times, I think that it was a pretty good idea because we were best friends now!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!