The Mysterious Forest

“Help…” silence spread thorough the forest like a disease. No one dared to enter the forest after the day the little girl went missing while wondering in it. Legends say who ever walks in will never escape the dark, treacherous creatures that guard the forest from humans. That girl was our sister my parents lost her years ago when she was just four. I always tried to run in there, but my parents always grab me, they didn’t want to make the same mistake and lose another child. my parents watched me all day, every day. I grew tired of there super vision each day just wanting to get out of my house to explore the world especially the forest. My older sister Aleeyah tells me stories about the forest and how dangerous going in there is. One night my parents had to leave to a party and left my sister and I with a babysitter. This gave me a brilliant idea! After she put us in bed, I grabbed my sister and we jumped out of the window and headed towards the forest. All we saw was complete darkness. I thought to myself that maybe coming at night was an extremely bad idea. My heart raced as a felt something pulling me away from my sister she screamed as we were being dragged from the ground. Silence was all I heard as a dosed off into a deep sleep. I woke up in front of a large glowing tree. I felt a tap on my shoulder, I turned around thinking it’s a monster, but thankfully it was just my sister. I hugged her in relief and climbed up the tree to find a girl playing a board game with the tree. “Who are you?” I asked confused. She explained how she was the lost girl in the forest. I hugged her as hard as I could and said, “I’m your brother and this is your sister!” as I pointed at Aleeyah. Her eyes grew as wide as an elephant and responded, “I don’t have a sister or brother only me and Garry.” She glanced at us like we are strangers. We wondered who Garry was so, we tried to pull her home, but she resisted and told us she will never return. Not after the way her parents treated her. She explained that her parents kept her like a prisoner, the only day she could escape was when she had a babysitter. “We did the same thing!” Aleeyah and I blurted out at the same time. Night approached and we needed to leave she grabbed my arm and warned me the dangers of wondering in the forest at night, so I stayed in the tree where no monster dared to go near. As we woke up in the tree the girl had her stuff packed and told us “My name is Elle and I’m coming home with you. Once I leave the forest won’t be so dangerous it was only dangerous to protect me.” We all ran out of the forest and back in our house before my parents called the police because we were missing. My mum was so relieved of our return we became free and explored the world together.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!