Here I Come

It's been almost two years since my mum left this world, till this day the memory of her passing cramps my mind. It's a new year and my first year of high school. Young love, drugs, popularity and parties the things that come to mind when you think of high school, but surprisingly I'm not into all that crap. Nothing in life excites me anymore, my mums pass was like a gunshot to my head. People tell me to move on but how can someone possibly come back after what they loved the most is gone. The sound of my alarm rings through my ears. First day of high school, I don't have a good feeling about this. I walk through the school gates, back crouched, head to the floor. Okay if I just stay quiet, avoid friends, sit at the back of the class maybe things won't be so bad. I walk into the classroom and spot the backseat I wanted perfect!. I drag my seat out from under the table and throw myself down. "Okay boys and girls, I'm your rollcall teacher Miss Reynolds let’s start by getting to know you all hmm how about let’s start with Elise Davies" that was me, I take a big swallow and keep my head down hoping she doesn't notice, but I feel stares, a lot of stares glaring directly at me. I stand up, immediately regretting my presence. "Tell us a bit about yourself Miss Davies" announced the teacher. ''Uhm hi my name is Elise Davies and I uhm me and my dad moved out here less than two years ago" I stuttered quietly. I suddenly paused, no more words were able to flow out of my mouth, flashbacks of my mother and I gathered in my mind the feeling of everyone glaring at me made me sick. "Oh, okay then thank you for that Miss Davies". First day was finally finished, as I walk through the school I hear whispers, dumb kids mucking around, teachers gossiping, I felt left out, left out and lonely. But that doesn't matter, does it? I opened the front door ''Hey sweetie how was your first day of school" my dad commented "it was fine I guess" I replied stomping up the stairs. I lay down on my bed wishing my mum was here, but maybe it was time I started listening to everyone and find a way to move on. Morning arises and I drag myself into the school gates, then suddenly a cheerful girl with bright blue eyes, luscious blonde hair, comes running up to me. How does this girl have so much energy I questioned to myself. "Oh my god hi, I’m Ava you must be that new girl" she said to me with a huge smile on her face. " Huh my name's Elise not the new girl" I replied with a plastered face. But then I instantly remembered that maybe it was time to move on from my mum, just maybe it was time to give everyone else a chance. The only risk I feared was if I become so close to someone again and then they pass, just like how my mum did. I turned back around towards Ava and started making conversation, maybe this girl could be good for me. Weeks pass and turns out Ava and I became close friends she was the person I needed, she wasn't like all the other high school idiots. My dad became so proud of me that I was finally moving on, let’s just hope only good things come my way because if I was to face another misery well let’s just say that's not a risk I'm willing to take.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!