Wrecked

What the heck happened here?! I asked myself, as if I was expecting an answer. It had just been a week since I visited here. The whole place was destroyed. The gloomy hollow house that had been standing there silently was now crushed to the ground. The trees that had proudly surrounded the shadowy, vast house were chopped down recklessly. It hadn’t always been like this. I stood there silently not sure what to do. By now I started to panic. My heart was pounding faster than ever. Then a Sudden wave of questions filled my mind. Who could’ve done this?, why would’ve they done this?When would have they done this?
The house wasn’t always like this. It used to be alive and cheerful. I remember being so eager to help around the house. I would help dad fix the fence from time to time and collect eggs from
the hens with mum. I especially loved the sun when it shone down onto me and the cool breeze of the wind and the gentle sounds of the farm animals. In that house there were fun care-free moments I knew that I could never experience again.
I started to rummage through the crushed pieces of bricks as fast as I could and once I had reached the bottom there was nothing there. I felt hopeless if I wanted to see my grandparents again. I knew I had to keep looking after I searched through piles and piles of wood and found nothing. I was just about to give up then I saw one more small pile of wood. And out of curiosity I stepped closer and closer and I peered over. . . . . . I covered my mouth and looked in despair at this horrible sight. It was my grandma and grandpa so still lying on the floor, dead. My knees collapsed to the floor beside them. I looked into my mum's soulful green eyes and felt her silky red hair. My gran always had a warm welcoming smile but it looked as if it had vanished. And my grandpa who lay on my left side had smooth brown hair and sky crystal eyes and was always hard working, always doing something new but there he lay so still. My heart sank down. I wanted to do something but i simply just couldn’t. I tried to hold my tears back but it was no use i sat there solemnly i buried my face into my hands and cried sorrowfully.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!