The Day My Dream Came True!

I woke, drenched from head to toe in sweat. I have had the worst dream ever! One that no one could ever stop thinking about.

I got ready for school, still terrified from my dream when my mum asked if I was ok. I gave her a slight nod and rushed off to school. Eventually I arrived and I got lots of looks and stares.

I was in PE when I heard a bang. I turned to come face to face with a tall skinny man with a blue suit and hood. I sprinted to the closest classroom I could find, and of course it was the science room. The first thing that popped into my head was to grab all the chemicals I could find and mix them all together. I turned to see the tall skinny man again. I opened the mixture I had made and viciously threw it at him. I ran and screamed as I watched him blow up.

I rushed home, realising that was the man from my dream. I wrote all the information I had in my diary and shared it with the council. They said that these things had been going on all around town. I shook my head in horror as I rushed home to tell my mum all about what had happened.

That afternoon my parents told me it was all a prank! I ran over and hugged them and told them never to do that again. I later found out that the council was in on the prank too. To apologise, they surprised me with a free ticket to Hawaii. Before I got excited, I asked my father who the tall man in the suit and hood was? Thankfully my father said it was a mannequin. The rest of the month was a blast!

By Georgia Holland

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!