Venom Strikes

There Jack was in a beautiful field of flowers, the hot sun beaming down on his face. Jack pranced through the field of flowers wiping the sweat off his forehead. Then it happened - he had trodden on a massive brown, golden snake. Jack thought that everyone had always told him to stand still when you see a snake, so he tried to remain calm. The snake began to lift itself up until its head was at his chest, then before he could do anything the slippery serpent had lunged at him biting him right next to the heart. He fainted almost immediately.
When he awoke he lay in what looked like a hospital bed. But he was strapped down to the bed with chains, it felt as if he were paralysed. A few minutes later a doctor came in to see Jack.
“Are you feeling at all better?” the doctor asked kindly.
Jack tried to reply but all that came out was, “ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.”
He tried to talk again but all he could do was hiss. He concentrated for a second then tried again. “I feelsss a bits beterssss.”
“Ok we're going to run some tests on why your voice is like that,” the Doctor said while looking quite confused.
That night when Jack was sleeping, he woke very suddenly. He felt like a wild animal, ready to kill. He jumped out of bed and ran down his hallway. Jack realized he wasn’t even controlling what he was doing, before he knew it he had jumped out the window that was at the end of the hallway. The feeling of the grass on his bare feet made him feel like an animal. He felt as though he was a snake wriggling through the glass looking to kill. He couldn't control it and he was heading to the hospital.
Once he got to the hospital he found a gap in the wall that was big enough for him to fit through and he slipped straight through. He slithered down the hallways into the nearest meeting room, to see four doctors, the first one he laid eyes on he struck - biting him right on the left leg. Nothing happened except the man looked down at him and stared into his eyes.
And said, “What the heck are you doing in here and just what are you doing?”
“That's the boy who was bitten by a snake a few days ago,” said the nurse who was looking after Jack when he had been bitten by the snake.
“Security, Security,” yelled one of the doctors, and before Jack knew it three security guards were on top of him. Then, CLONK! A bat had just been bashed across his head. He woke within a few minutes to see five doctors standing around him looking ready to perform surgery.
“What are you guys doing to me?” Jack said.
“We need to perform a quick surgery on you to remove venom that is caught in your stomach.”

Two weeks later - I have had the venom removed and I am feeling great, no longer do I feel like a snake!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!