Lighthouse Dilemma


Lighthouse Dilemma

It's in 1835. A lighthouse on a desolate cliff in St. Louis within the USA. Two lighthouse keepers, German immigrants are on their own and were forcefully put away from the rest of society until the ice defrosted. Both Hans and Günter were in for a long-standing haul with warm cozy clothes, canned goods and matches, a lot of matches. The two lighthouse wardens were best friends. When one was cold the other clothed him with the warmest clothes, and when one got hungry the other would cook for the other. One day, Hans started to hear voices, voices and cries of a little girl. Hans knew there was something wrong. A few weeks later Hans’ personal belongings were missing and appearing in places that they weren't supposed to be. Like the time when Hans drew a picture of his family and stuffed it in the side table, the next morning the same picture was tied under one of the stairs. Hans looked at the picture closely and realised that his eyes and chest had been stabbed through with some kind of pencil or knife.
“Günter, “Hans thought with fury.
Hans approached Günter and warned him if he did it again he was going to regret that he ever became a lighthouse keeper. Günter tries to beg his innocence but flunks every time he attempts to. Hans watches Günter closely, very closely. Hans grows convinced that Günter is trying to convince him ( Hans) to kill himself. Weeks passed and the drama still occurred. Each morning the “Best friends” were arguing and fighting not knowing that someone or something was watching them. With each insult that something was always getting happier. Günter was downstairs making breakfast for himself. THUD!, a loud disturbance came from the main room Günter walked steadily across the old wooden floors. Each step was a low creak then out of nowhere a low groan came owatch room GROAN!
Günter rushed to the watch room and barged through the door. Günter gazed at the room but didn't find anything, then he looked at the floor. What he saw was going to, haunt. Him. Forever. His knees dropped to the floor to see his best friend lying on the floor. DEAD. He held Hans in his arms, he sobbed uncontrollably. Grieving and heartbroken, Günter covered Hans with some of his blankets, carried his best friend to the basement and uttered his goodbyes and prayers. Sadly, Günter climbed the old, wooden stairs to get back into the lighthouse. “What had been going on, Who killed Hans?” Bugs wandered off in every direction. BANG! Gunter lifted from his bed tired of what was going on, he stumbled towards the annoying noise coming from the basement. He grabbed the shotgun and loaded it prepared for whatever was down there. He jabbed the door open, Gunter froze. Couldn't believe what was at the bottom of the stairs waiting for him and smiling.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!