Rocky The Wolf

This story began a long, long, time ago in the village of Sancoss. This was an era when men were proud warriors and showed their bravery and honour providing for the village with their hunts. The women were responsible for the home and children. I just wanted to start by saying our village is a sacred place we love and call home. We do things a bit differently here in our little village some other villages and people think we are extreme because we follow our ancestor's traditions and ways of living. As you would suspect in a small village like ours news travels fast, like wildfire. Our village is small enough that we all know each other and consider everyone family. I wish I could say each day is different, unique and exciting but unfortunately, our way of life is quite simple. We don’t explore, wander or place our curiosity outside of the village. It is forbidden and anyone that tries or disobeys is sure to be outcasted from the tribe. So trying new things really seems like a complete waste of time with restrictions like this. Do exciting things happen here ?, Well, The only exciting things we celebrate usually around here are when the men return from their hunting trips and bring back their gathering to show off to the tribe their bravery and strength. This is a part of our traditions and has connected us to our ancestors for thousands of years. Most of our tribe believes this is a very high honour and is a noble gesture in which the men feel they show their worthiness to the tribe and their families but I want to be more, see more and explore the world beyond just our small village. I want to wake up every day and know it's a new day and it’s going to be different from the day before. I know it is important for some people to put their faith in someone important, like a leader or chief but I want to be able to make up my own mind and decide for myself. My name is Willow I am the daughter of the Zago the Chief of the village. If you want to know a little about me I am known as an outcast within our village in the eye of the other village children. They don’t like how my mind is curious and adventurous. They believe life is better when things are simple and they think all we need to know is what's in our village and anything outside of that is dangerous and a threat. This only lead me closer and closer to fulfilling my curiosity. I believe that we can all live peacefully but my Dad said outside the village is full of dangers and we should be concerned by the wolves lurking around the outer village, he feared if wolves were given the chance they would gobble us up without an instance of thought. TO BE CONTINUED.......

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!