Why?

Numbness that's all she felt as a shaky sigh left her mouth. This is what it's come to, a tear slipping down her cheek as she looked up at the stone grave in front of her. What happened? What went wrong? Never in her life has she felt more defeated than now, the only person to ever give her hope was now gone. When he reassured her everything would fall in place, this wasn't what she expected, tears now streaming down her face. A thud was heard when her shivering hands dropped the bouquet, white and pink flowers falling out. All she wanted now was to lay down and let the floor slowly sallow her in sorrow. The winds hollowings and rain softly falling all over her, but she didn't care, nothing else could take her out of the pain. As she fell to her knees and rain soaking her hair, all she could wonder was why? Why wasn't it her? Why was it him? Why did it have to end this way? Her whole life she felt like a mistake, a burden but when he came she finally felt needed. She felt like she finally found somewhere to call home, right when she finally felt happiness she watched it being pulled right from her grasp. The only thing left was a letter from him that she was holding close to her heart. She couldn't blame him, she would never be able to. But right now as she is crying on her knees, the only thing in her mind was pain and sorrow, it felt as if a piece was missing from her, a piece she would never be able to get back.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!