I Really Have Changed

What was it worth. I had no money, no place to go and no one to help me. It all began when I was a reckless teenager. All I wanted was the freedom to do whatever I wanted. Growing up my parents were always super strict on what I could and couldn’t do. So while all my friends were out partying I was always at home studying.
One day my parents let me go to this one party. I was at this small party with a couple of friends. The party was at this old abandoned house. We were all having fun when all of a sudden the cops showed up. Now I had no idea what was going on. The cops said, “ you are all tress passing on private property” and to make matters worse they found out we were all under-aged and drinking. They took us to the police station and called our parents. I knew there was no way I was of getting out of this. My parents came and picked me up.
When we got home they said, “If you want to live your life like thins, you can, just not under our roof. You can come back when you have got your life put together” That was it, my parents had just kicked me out. Now they weren’t totally cruel they let me stay one more night and pack up my stuff. I left the next morning with no plan. Where was I going to go? What was I going to do?
A few days passed and I was cold, starving and at the point of giving up. I adopted a daily routine of begging for money when someone came up to me and asked if I needed help and at that moment I decided to change. He told me he was a youth worker and he had seen me around. He offered to help me, help me get back on my feet and help me change. This guy took me to his centre and he counselled me and mentored me. He was a huge help. This guy helped me change my ways and he even helped me get a job. A few months of living at the centre and getting helped really changed me. I went back to my parents and apologised for everything I had done. I told them about my achievements and I had never seen them more proud.
I am now a successful businessman with my own multi-billion dollar company. Looking back now I wouldn’t change a thing and I am grateful my parents did what they did. I learnt to persevere in the hard times and never give up. Not only do I have my own company but I also help troubled youth who were just like me. I was able to turn my life around with the help of just one person, so now I do the same. I really have changed.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!