Stoneshard Valley

One hot summer day, my family and I went camping at a beautiful forest. The camping ground was a plain dusty floor. But something lied in a shadow. It was a piece of paper.

Well, maybe not a normal A4 paper. It looked wrinkled and dusty, with rips on the side. I decided to read it.

1789 Australia
'Hello, my friend. I have no idea where you found this, how you found this or when you found this, but because you have found it, I will tell you a secret. Have you ever heard of the Stoneshard Valley? Well, if you haven’t, the Stoneshard Valley contains mysterious treasure and a lot of gold coins. I have a map on the back of the paper. But whatever you do, don’t touch th...'

The rest had been ripped off. I knew I had to find that treasure, but what about mum and dad? They’ll be fine. Anyway, it did say there are gold coins, and the map says it’s very close. So I went off into the wilderness to find the place.

After a few minutes of travelling in the bush, I found a dark and dense clearing. There were several stones on the ground. Other than that, there was nothing. But one stone stood out. A purple, bright stone on the ground. It seemed to be saying,“Touch me, touch me” when I looked at it. I bent forward to touch it, but I remembered the paper said whatever you do, don’t touch it. So I didn’t. But suddenly, everything changed. No, I don’t mean everything, I mean the surroundings. The trees changed to a vivid green and grass appeared beneath my feet. A path of stone shards formed in front of me. This was it. Stoneshard Valley.

I followed the path, and what came before me was a pile of shiny, gold coins. But the coins looked rather odd. I reached down to pick them up. The coins smelled weird. I scratched one, and brown replaced the gold. Chocolate coins? My eyes blinded with confusion. Why are there chocolate coins? At least I now have a lifetime supply of chocolate. My vision suddenly blurred. I woke up. Actually woke up. I was in my room under the bed with chocolate coins in my hand. Was it really just a dream? Or did it actually happen? That was a question I could not answer. But now I have something to write about for my story writing competition.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!