The Last Survivor

Once, there was a planet. It was the most miserable place in the solar system. Everything was grey, and all the people were never happy. One day on the planet of magic, lived a wizard. He was greedy. There was another wizard who was kind. He came and made their world a better place. Everyone voted that they should have a leader and they had a castle built for him. Everyone was happy, and then a magical thing happened. A child was born….


9 years later….
'How is it?' Asked Halo's mum.
'Amazing,' said Halo, while waltzing across the ballroom. 'Just as I pictured it.' A chandelier hung from the colourful ceiling.



3 hours later….
Everyone was sitting around a table with all the food you could think of. After, the chefs brought out the most magical cake. Then a mighty wind blew into the room. Halo hid behind a table. A man appeared. He had a long silver beard. His smile was icy. 'All these people will do nicely as slaves.' He muttered some words, and everyone fell to the ground except Halo. Then she fainted…

7 hours later……
Halo awoke. She got up and looked around. She was still in the ballroom; alone.
'Halo', said a voice. 'Halo.'
'Who are you?'
'I am the wizard of light; I have looked over you since you were a baby. I was the wizard who made your planet the best' A man appeared in the air.
'How did you get here?'
'We have to find the wizard who cursed your world.'
'There was a man here.'
'Can you describe him?'
'He had a long silver beard that shimmers in the moonlight.'
'I know him, said the wizard, 'he is the wizard of greed.'

'Where will we find him? asked Halo?'
'In Malaya, of course.'
'But you said you lived here.'
'You will find out one day; let's ride!'
'Ride on what?' Asked Halo.
The wizard snapped his fingers and turned into a spaceship. Halo hopped in and they took off. They stopped at a planet that had white fluffy clouds surrounding it.
'Wow', said Halo, as they flew down.
'There,' he said, 'all we have to do is drain his magic.'
'That's easy', said Halo.
'No, it isn't'
'All we have to do is distract him.'
'Very smart girl, but save it for the fight.'

They arrived at the castle, Halo wandered through. When she came to the cells, she touched the gates and they unlocked. Her family stumbled out.
'Mum, Dad!' she hugged her parents. Then they all rushed upstairs. They saw the good wizard on the floor.
Halo's hair rose above her head, and with one snap of her finger, a ball of light flew out of the evil wizard's body. Then the evil wizard crumbled into ash. The good wizard opened his eyes. 'Halo you are very talented, let me teach you how to use your magic.'
'Happy birthday Halo.' Everyone said. They lived happily ever after.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!