Him

my blood pumped as I ran. The rain pounding down as it washed away the blood. Washed away the pain. Pools of dark velvet liquid swirled at my feet, as I skid across the road. Was he still following? I glance backwards for a moment, and slow as I notice the empty white sheen of rain. He's gone. Thank god. My head still pounded in pain and my cuts ached from deep inside my limbs, but I slowed. Why did he even follow, the police were already after him. I groan a I mistakenly poke a deep dark cut in my left arm. Thick dark blood slowly oozes out of the deep painful cut. I spot a house in the distance. Walking quickly towards the doorway of a sleek pale house, standing over me. As I rang the glistering clean bell, I stood -- cold, bloody, pale -- waiting for an answer. Shivering in as the door opened, I could feel him watching me. His dark eyes peeling away my skin. standing over me waiting to cruelly defy me. A shiver goes down my spine, cold like his grasp on my mind, as I try to shake these thoughts. I'm fine now. I'll be fine. he's gone, I can go home.

But as the cold dug into my unmoving body I lay in my bed, at home, finally. . I couldn't help but think, what exactly happened? I could vividly remember the... things... the man did to me, and the running, and blood. But I couldn't remember how it started, or what he looked like. As I ponder on this thought I hear a deep chuckle. I freeze. As I slowly turn my stiff head in the direction of the sound, I see him. The man. Staring straight at me through the dark veil of my room. his eyes glowed through the dark. Just as it began. It shall end. I shall end. As we all do.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!