Last Person

It was early in the morning, I woke up from my raucous alarm with a frown sobbing down my face. I glared outside my window. It was empty, no footsteps, no stray dogs, no people, no sirenes, no nothing the silence was deafening. The wind was howling making the trees sway in a rhythm. However this wasn’t ordinary, a place that was always busy had become empty and so silent that you could hear a pin drop. That was more unusual than seeing cats and dogs rain from the sky.

The footpaths were empty and there was no one. I peered down the road. It was desolate. I was in disbelief “Am I the last person here?” I thought. I shook my head, that would be unachievable. I walked down the street and went to the local shop that’s around the corner, it was closed. That never happens. As I looked across the busy road it wasn’t busy. What an eye opener, the road that always had cars and vehicles was empty, not even one motor was on the road.

Come to pass, I'm exceedingly convinced that I'm the last person in the world. I heard a noise but it was awfully quiet. “GET UP!” shouted my mum. My eyes widened, I gasped and got out of bed.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!