Hannah And Percy

My name is Percy. I’ve never seen another dog before. My name is Percy. I’m a stray Labrador puppy. I have appealing, long yellowish gold fur. But one day everything changed. One day, a little girl called Hannah noticed me wondering around the orphanage. She was an orphan. I caught her eye. I knew she was someone who adored dogs. So, I immediately licked her. She looked surprised but she started petting me. Hannah slowly bent down. “I’ll keep you.” whispered in my ear. One of Hannah’s friends Grace had a dog called Thorn. He was a Border Collie. Hannah bought me back to the orphanage. I met Thorn. We sniffed around each other in circles. He a giant, fluffy dog who was covered in black and white fur. I started to like him. I became great friends with him. Grace and Hannah shared a room. So, I slept with Thorn! The next morning was a busy morning. People and orphans were bustling around everywhere. But after days of living in the orphanage, the orphanage keeper Emily noticed him. She hated Labradors. So, she banned me from going to the orphanage.
Hannah cried a lot. Grace and Thorn tried to comfort her. Nothing worked. I cried too. I howled. I growled and barked at Emily. I tried to stay as close as I could to Hannah. But it was no use. I was grabbed by the collar and dragged away to the forest. Hannah, Grace and Thorn tried to chase after me but they were pulled back by Emily. At midnight, Hannah couldn’t bare it anymore. She woke Grace and Thorn and they tip toed out of the orphanage and into the forest. “Sniff for Percy, Thorn” Grace whispered to Thorn. Thorn sniffed around eagerly and found Percy’s smell! He wagged his furry tail joyfully and ran to the direction of the smell. Grace and Hannah ran after him and found Thorn happily bouncing around Percy! “I’m never leaving you again!” Hannah whispered softly. So from that day on, Grace, Hannah, Thorn and Percy stopped living in the orphanage and started a new life in the wild, lush and green forest. They collected sticks for fire, They found a nice little cave to live in, they picked fruit from the plants to eat and never returned to the orphanage again.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!