Oak Tree Forest

Long ago many creatures that we see nothing like today, were flourishing. They came in many shapes and sizes. Some as big as elephants, some as small as a mouse. Then weirdly, they went extinct, leaving our world forever.


Char was in the forest. His long brown coat of fur ruffled in the wind as he ran through the forest. He was a thylacoleo carnifex, a type of marsupial lion. His large canine teeth glistened in the hot sun. He was hunting something. A large brown mound of fur rose from a pale brown shrub, grumbling. Something big. The shape turned out to be what he had hoped it would be. The large shape turned out to be a Diprotodon, a large wombat-like creature. Something was wrong. The Diprotodon moaned and fell to the ground, dead. Char heard a spine-chilling hiss come from behind a large smooth rock. A huge, pale green megalania slithered out from behind the boulder. ‘ Get away from my kill’ it seemed to say. Char whimpered as if he had just been put in the arctic ocean. Wouldn't you be shaking if you had a large green giant monitor lizard hissing at you. He needed to get out. The large megalania ran towards him, snapping its huge, poisonous jaws. One second Char was on the ground, the next he was being flung aside by the killing jaws of the Megalania. He knew death was coming.


Char was on the ground breathing his last breaths. The Megalania clamped his jaws around Chars head. The Megalania bit down as hard as it could. Char’s body went limp. The Megalania tore the marsupial lion's head off and gulped it down. The body didn't last long. When the Megalania had finished, the Diprotodon was gone. He heard a creak from the sky. A huge Pelagornis, the largest bird ever to take flight! It seized the Megalania and took off with it, feeding it to its hatchlings.

This is what happens in the Oak Tree Forest, everything wants to eat everything else.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!