A Break Disaster

Woken up to see yourself with keyboard marks on your cheeks and your eyes as red as fire not even coffee could change it. Bill worked all day long, not even one break every day, not even the weekend. He decided enough was enough and that he deserved a break for work like everyone else. He thought of what to do until you could see him with a surfboard and his dark black wetsuit that was as dark as the night sky. The sun was bright as the golden sand on the beach that was burning his feet and water as blue as the sky. Jumping in the water then two seconds later sleeping on his surfboard.

Two hours later he finds himself looking at the sky. There was no more sun, just dark grey clouds and the sun setting telling him that the moon was coming. He knew he had to get home quickly. But when he sits up he finds himself stuck in the ocean.He looked everywhere but it was no use. He was in the middle of nowhere.

Hesitating, he stands on his surfboard seeing if he could see any land but the night sky took over the sun and you could barely see anything. Suddenly he saw something until he was smacked on the face and forced him into the water deep below. He quickly swims away until he sees his board cracked in half, thunder begins to roar and lightning begins to light up the sky. Heavy rain comes and everything begins to get creepy.

He begins to fight for his life to stay alive from the big waves he couldn't see. Before long the waves stop completely and the water turns to silence. Until you think it's over and you see something that looks like a fin and more come surrounding you in circles. You realise it’s,’’SHARKS!’’ He panics and goes pale even if you couldn't see.He just made the biggest mistake in his life. His face turned red. He was so mad at himself for getting into this mess that he wished he was back at home.

He didn't no how to get out of this mess he was frightened and scared not knowing what to do. Suddenly lights began to shine onto him looking up at the sky was a helicopter,’’we're here to save you.’’ He was so relieved that someone had saved him or else he would have probably died. He was lifted up to the sky the next day when he woke up he was sick the cold water made him cold making him feel sick. But he didn't care, he was just happy he didn't have to do more work and with that memory he didn't sleep on his surfboard any more, just his bed.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!