Happy Ever Clock

It started on a cold day, on the last day of August. I went to a Clock shop at 12 am in the afternoon. Then "Boom", I was in the future, I don't know how I don't know when I didn't know what time all I remember is touching the grandmother clock and suddenly being sucked in. I woke up the next day and I was laying on the street, Caden then came towards me and told me to hurry up and get ready or we would be late for school. Caden was my best friend since like forever and was always there for me. I stood up and followed him in a hurry, he took me to a plane that was completely see-through. We then took off, the fright of the height led me to hold onto Caden. He looked at me with a smile. I looked at him and returned the favour. We came towards a large building that was three stories high and landed. We got out and two seconds later Caden pulled out a bunch of flowers and chocolate.
Caden said, "will you be my valentines?".
i looked at him in confusion, thoughts ran through my head thoughts like: How can it already be Valentine’s Day? Caden likes me? it was all so strange, finally i gained focus.
i replied, "Yeah sure"
He ran towards and gave me a kiss, it was not like i didn't want him to, but it was so weird that Caden, the boy i had known my whole life, liked me!
As we walked through the school grounds, we walked by the same clock I had seen in the shop. It was identical. As I prepared for the valentines dance that night, I kept thinking why am I here? how do I get home?
As the night came to a start Caden and I walked through the large doors into a room that was set up with love hearts everywhere. The music came on and Caden asked me to dance, we took the dance floor and I felt like Cinderella until the clock struck 11:30pm, I then realised that I wanted to have my own fairy tale and now I could, as I had one slower dance with Caden.
I whispered, “Goodbye Caden I will miss you.”
I then ran off in the dead of night no sense of if this was what I was meant to do. I got to the clock and stood the clock was about to struck 12pm and I saw Caden in the distance looking from afar. I counted to 5 and was instantly sucked into the grandmother clock.
I woke up in bed. Was it all a dream? I found my train of thought and ran to Caden, I took his hand and told him that I liked him.
He replied, “I like you too.”
I kissed him lightly on the lips and that was the end of my fairy tale. Happy ever after

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!