Keep Out…

I woke up to the sound of my phone ringing. It was my friend Jessica. She asked me about the ski trip and if I was going to go. I said yes since High School is done for the year and my parents allowed me to go but just to bring my phone. She told me the dates, and that each set of parents would pay. She also told me about a place there which is surrounded by barbed wire fences which we were going to sneak into. “Is it safe?” I asked fearfully. “It’ll be fine!” She reassured me.

The day of the flight came quite quickly. We met up at the airport. Once we did all the scans before we got to the aeroplane, we went to wait at the cafe near our gate. “Jessica what do you mean about the barbed wire fence place?!” I asked her in frustration since she never told me when I asked her before on the phone. “SHHHH! We can’t let anyone know about this, I will tell you at the hotel.” Jessica said and we continued to eat in silence. “Final call for gate 9” Said the lady over the loudspeaker. It seemed we were thinking the same thing. We all ran as fast as we could looking like lions running for their next meal. Once we got to our gate we found our seats.

“You may now exit the plane” Said the flight attendant. Everyone got up and got their bags and waited till they could move.

Finally we were all out and in the Taxi. The drive was an hour and a half which slowly became 2 hours because of the traffic. “My phone is about to die!” I cried in anger. “Same” Jessica said. The Sun was setting and the Moon was rising. I was eager to fall asleep. “We have arrived,” Said the uber driver, probably excited to go home too. We both flopped out of the car and into the reception trying to get our room key. We fell asleep like there was no tomorrow.

We left the hotel with 5 layers of clothes and went outside on the snow. “Follow me ” Jessica said with pride. As we were walking I asked “so why are we going here?” She replied “there are ghosts captured there” I rolled my eyes, “really?” I replied in sarcasm. I have the map in the story I read, “PFFFT! We can check if you really want” I said in return. We walked what felt like forever because of the big boots we were wearing. “Here it is!” Jessica said to me. “OMG!” you were right! I said in shock. “Keep out this is a wild animal watching zone.” I read off the sign. “YOU WASTED MY TIME FOR NOTHING!” I said in anger. “APRIL FOOLS!” Said Jessica. I rolled my eyes and then broke into laughter “I believed you for a second!” I said. “HAHAHA” Jessica replied.

THE END

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!