Rabbit's Robbery

My heart felt like it was going to explode as a squeezed my cotton tail through my burrow underground. Mr Grogan was looking forward to some rabbit soup and I wasn’t having any part of it. What was I supposed to think when he left carrots just sitting around in his garden? I thought he was welcoming me to the neighbourhood. Clearly he’s not the social type.

“I’ll get you rabbit!” yelled Mr Grogan. All farmers are the same y’know… they all hate rabbits. Typical farmers! “I’ll get those carrots! And that cabbage too!” Later that night I snuck out…I kept low to the ground and I sniffed those veggies out! My eyes fixed on those cabbages. I rolled them to my burrow and then went back for the carrots when a light in Mr Grogan’s house turned on. I skipped back behind a long patch of grass as Mr Grogan came out to examine his veggie garden. I was only having a nibble, it wasn’t a real robbery. Well, I did rob those cabbages. “Darn rabbit!” He mumbled, walking back towards his house. I wasn’t waiting around, I hopped back to my burrow as stealth as a fox and feasted on my cabbages.

The next morning I helped myself to some pumpkin and scoffed some strawberries too. I turned around to make my way back home but I was faced with the very thing I dreaded. Mr Grogan! I gulped and tried to hide the remains of the veggies but it was too late. I was trapped in a net! He slowly slid his hand under the net to attempt to grab me but I managed to zip out and ran back to my burrow. He followed me back. Now he new exactly where I lived! He left for a moment but then came back with FIRE CRACKERS! Now my heart was literally going to explode! I had to think fast, there was no time to loose. I started digging my way out the back when I heard what sounded like a rattle snake! “Uh oh, this cant be good!” I let out in a panic.

My head popped out the top and I managed to escape just in time when suddenly the ground beneath my very paws was exploding and Mr Grogan the heartless scumbag was laughing. This act was criminal! He walked back to his shed and placed the spare fire crackers on a bench and he conveniently left the door slightly open. I watched him head back inside and enter the living room. “Uh ha!” I opened the shed door and used my rabbit parkour skills to grab the fire crackers and then I made a break for the Grogan family home. “Take that sucker!” I yelled as I through a handful of fire crackers through his living room window. I then snaffled as many veggies as my paws could grasp and ran. That’s what I call a rabbit’s robbery!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!