Waves Crash

Finalist in the 'National Treasures 2022' competition

Waves crashed on the sand and splashes echoed through Chuck’s head. The salty air travelled into his lungs and all Chuck could smell was fish and seaweed. Chuck could hear the water crashing against the sand. He was eager and blissful because this was his favourite place.
The water invited him in and he walked closer and closer to the waves. Chuck did not notice he was traveling deeper and deeper into the depths of the ocean. Then he screamed. Chuck could no longer touch the ocean floor.
Then, suddenly, he saw a boat. Chuck gratefully hopped in as fast as he could. He rolled to the beat of the waves on the rough timber floor. Struggling to breathe, Chuck looked overboard and noticed that there were sharks everywhere. As the boat sailed towards the shoreline, Chuck looked around only to notice that the captain was a pirate.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!