A Big Change

As we raced through wild traffic to see my baby cousin at the hospital I wondered curiously what she would look like. Finally my baby cousin was here. We went up the elevator to the 7th floor and finally we were here. I first saw her cute little face and her eyes were shut tight from the glowing light.

As Vivian, my baby cousin grew up it reminded me of when I was young as I took my first step and spoke my first word. I couldn’t believe it. She grew up so fast and now she is 3 learning how to read and write. Oh how sad it was to hear that we were moving across Australia from her. The day came to go to Western Australia. My bags were packed and one last amazing party was going to be held for us as we set across Australia for who knows what. All the people on the guest list were friends and family I may forget because this might change my life forever. Driving to the airport all sad and teary, my family and friends were last said goodbye to on the phone. Slim chairs, tiny screens and lots of people. As take off was under way I remembered all the sweet and magnificent times with all my family and friends.

After 5 long straight hours we made it to Western Australia! Maybe this wasn’t going to be as bad as I thought. New friends and a new school. I will miss everything in New South Wales, the food, friends and most importantly my family. This will be a new chapter in my life and it will be good to travel across Australia. I’m sure it will be magnificent that we can move to a new place with new friends and a new school. Maybe I would be popular in Western Australia but I would still miss New South Wales. Why would my parents move us to Western Australia? It's so hot and dry. Finally we made it to Western Australia. It is boiling hot and it's a 2 hour drive to our rented house! Why did it have to be Western Australia!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!