A Twisted Tale

In death’s domain I stood, approached by a figure in a long dark hood,
In its hands it held a bell. I rang it three times and went straight to hell,
In front of me a horse of pain, its coat glistening and its eyes aflame,
I mounted the steed unsure of where the journey would lead and rode on even though the stars were gone.
Before me the devil stood and I stared him in the eye, shook his hand and said goodbye.
Along god’s path I went even though the trees were bent,
In the distance I saw a wood, I walked inside for I hoped it was good.
Through the branches upon a clearing I gazed, in its centre a bright light blazed,
I walked away for this I pray, so back down to death’s domain I walked along the path where spirits talked
Though another trail caught my eye, a path of growth and things that fly
I ventured along its twisted track, not daring to look back. At the end was a figure, its eyes a starry glimmer.
I approached, it said to me ‘Life is my name but some call me a twisted game’
To this I said, ‘Then who’s to blame?’ ‘Nothing’ replied Life,
‘Not the moon nor the sun, not the bullet of a gun.
Not the sea or the sky or even those who someday die,
Enjoy your existence’ said Life and with that strode off towards the distance.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!