The Warning Of The Spanish Conquistadors

Friday 13th of March 1545, Cursed Cove.
Dear Diary,
Me, Alfonso and my crew have voyaged for years and before our eyes is the mythical cursed treasure said to hold immense power beyond calculations. Me and my crew bury it under a small hill we named cursed cove for what we buried there. We created a disc in 4 pieces to map the location of the treasure so we could find it at a later date, but even the saltiness of the sea could not put me in a bad mood because we had found the most dangerous treasure that people have died trying to find and even if someone did find it they have to destroy it because it filled us with greed and hatred. “We took over, forced people out of their cities. The only way to destroy it is with a spear called the heart. If you are reading this, find the pieces, obtain the heart and destroy the cursed spirit under cursed cove and save us all.
Present day
“I am free” the evil spirit bellows with freedom in his voice. The room is a bright flurry of rays as the evil spirit escapes from the crystal sarcophagus. The trio of Ben, Sam and Jinn stare in horror at the end of the world “Professor!! What have you done!!” shouts Sam as Professor Perikin bows before his master, the great Metrion! Metrion bellows, “I will take over the world, rip it to pieces and flood it in darkness!” All of a sudden Ben went charging it and threw the heart at the spirit and it broke in thin air! In all the commotion the spirit broke out into the city and started setting it on fire and summoning pharaohs with croc heads and lion heads and everyone was running. They all got up to the surface and were witnessing this monstrosity of a spirit destroying Cursed Cove. “We have to do something!” Jinn shouted. He had an Idea. “Guys get together!” he said. They were going to split up and take the great Metrion by surprise. Jinn rolled into the now non-existent hospital while Ben went into the school. Sam went under Metrion and tackled him. Jinn came and took one leg and Ben bum rushed him. The evil spirit was dissolving because they were working together then a bunch of ghosts came out of nowhere and mauled the unsuspecting spirit (and trampled over Professor Perikin in the commotion). They were the ghosts of the conquistador crew who wrote the journal entry. Then the spirit ran for his life and tripped and the ghosts devoured him in one swish. The croc heads and lion heads disappeared, the sign changed and said Cursed Cove- not cursed at all and then a lot of things changed their lives, their feelings and their emotions. The craziest thing was the soccer coach who was Ben’s Dad. “Guys we saved the world today” Ben said.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!