Aurora Under Siege

“BOOM!” Vibrations penetrated through the waters of the Fantastical Ocean and their normally peaceful submarine city shook violently. “What was that?” whimpered Percival, his eyes widened in disbelief. Visions flashed before him as he recalled the prophecy his parents warned them about so many moons ago. Aurora was under siege. Anastacia, his twin sister, saw it too. Sadness consumed her as she saw their beloved Aurora crumble. The once beautiful city of Kindness and Compassion, gone. She turned to Percival, “We have 24 hours, we need to do something. Everything we know, everything that matters will be lost forever.” Determined, Percival nodded.
Back at the army base, Percival and Anastacia called an emergency meeting. They shared their vision with Captain Aleksander, their Commander in Chief. Overcome by the news, Aleksander stared in disbelief and for a moment, he seemed confused. He had not suspected any enemies would attempt to take on Aurora. He searched his own mind, as if looking for clues, and it finally dawned on him. “It’s Dr Diago Squirter… from the Eclipse Force,” he whispered to himself, and then coming to his senses again, “Squirter is planning an attack on us, he wants to steal our Kindness and Compassion and destroy the Aurorian race, let’s send out spies immediately to gather intelligence.”
HOURS LATER…
The spies reported back to base and shared the grim news. Dr Squirter has been strengthening The Eclipse force. He has been investing in the best weapons and sharpening their combating skills. They look strong… fierce even. Despair filled the room. “What if Percival and I use our gift to outsmart them?” suggested Anastacia. Aleksander reluctantly agreed. It was their only chance.
Anastacia and Percival held hands and conjured up all their concentration. They looked intently at each other, they would need to remember every detail, every battle strategy, no matter how difficult or devastating. Once they were certain they had all the information, they turned to Captain Aleksander and told him everything. Worried, but hopeful, Aleksander devised a defence plan, a plan he hoped would save the Aurorian race.
“BOOOOOOOM!” There were missiles colliding into the city’s barrier from all directions. Out of nowhere, the Eclipse Forces ploughed through the barrier - they were in. It was chaos! There were explosions one after another, then, Dr Squirter disembarked from his battleship and ascended to the Towers of Kindness and Compassion. He commanded his troops to seize the towers. Captain Aleksander and his team waited, but instead of attacking, they welcomed Dr Squirter with open arms. Confused, Dr Squirter signalled and asked his troops to hold fire.
“Squirter, Kindness and Compassion is not for you to take or destroy. It’s not for anyone to take. It is a way of being. If you want it, all you have to do is BE it.” reasoned Aleksander with hopeful eyes. Realisation hit Dr Squirter and he nodded. For the first time, he truly understood. He too, could have what the Aurorian Race have.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!