The Key

Once upon a time, there was a key that unlocked something really powerful and dangerous. The key got lost by an evil wizard and a little boy named Jack found the key in a cave. When he and his year six class went on exploring. Jack found a door. Jack put the key in the door and unlocked it then he froze because he saw something coming for him. When Jack could see properly he could see a dragon coming. He tried running away but something was pulling him. So Jack tried calling for help but his class was too far away to hear him. Jack was getting sucked in when finally someone saw him, it was his friend. James grabbed Jack's hand but they both got sucked in. When they got sucked in they saw statue dragons carved on the stone pier. On top of the pier was a scroll Jack and James both walked up to the pier with the scroll Jack grabbed the scroll and gasped what was happening to you. “I don't know,” said Jack.

All of a sudden a wizard appeared and said I need you to get a special key and then disappeared. "What was that all about?" asked James. "I need to get a special key," said Jack. "Well, we better find that key!" said James. The two friends searched far and wide. Until an elf appeared out of nowhere. The elf said that the nice wizard sent him to warn you that you were being followed by the evil wizard's dragons. Jack and his friend James didn’t hear anything. You must run till you find a twisty tree. I will meet you there if you survive then the elf disappears. What does he mean? When all of a sudden fire came right at them and hit the tree the boys were standing at. Next, a loud roar. "Run!" yelled James. "Too right" replied Jack. So Jack and James were running for their lives until they made it to the twisty tree where they met the elf. "Good job," said the elf. We need rest thought Jack. In the morning the two friends set off to find the key when they were walking they saw a sign that said... Canyon up ahead.

When they saw the canyon the two friends stopped and asked themself how they were going to cross. "We swing of course!" said the elf. "How did you get here? Jack, James, and the elf crossed the canyon. Jack could see the castle. "We're not long from here?" asked James. Jack and James made it to the castle where they found the key. The nice wizard was waiting for them. Jack gave the key to the wizard and the wizard said “You can go home now.”

In the morning Jack woke up and said to himself “That was the strangest dream.......”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!