The Big Plan

Ash filled the air as we prepared for battle at the border because we had waited too long. We need revenge on the dragons who had killed our leader and we would risk anything to destroy the dragons even at the cost of our lives. One of the dragons stood still on a rock watching in case there was a threat to the dragons.
I told my clan to throw the chains over the dragon, so we surrounded the dragon and threw chains around it. The dragon struggled trying to get out the chains, he yelled out then struggled a bit more than finally was defeated so we thought. We heard a big “ROOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAR!” We looked up to see a horde of dragons speeding right to us. “PREPARE FOR IMPACT!” The battle felt like hours
All of a sudden someone yelled “The moon is rising, the dragons will be unstoppable, retreat!” We ran as fast as we could to the exit then someone yelled “HELP!” I looked behind and a man tripped over and twisted his ankle. I ran back to help him, then my advisor exclaimed, “Leave him, we already have lost a lot of people!” “Never, those who are alive come, those who didn't we have to leave.” I yelled. I ran back to save him. I grab him and put him over my shoulder and run.
After a while we finally get to the kingdom and count how many people we have. We lost 43 people. Then I realise my trusted adviser isn’t here. I look everywhere but he isn’t here. Then I heard a voice saying, “You shouldn’t have saved that person because you lost your adviser, what were you thinking!” I asked who said that but they didn't hear anything. I went to my bedroom which is in the castle and I heard the voice say the same thing over and over.
Then I looked out the window and saw dragons coming straight towards us. I yelled out to the guards who told the whole city. The dragons landed just out of the town and roared, “We come in peace.” I put my armour on and went out towards the dragons and yelled “YOU KILLED OUR PEOPLE!”
“Did they?” A familiar voice asked. Then the dragons lifted their wings and 45 people came out from under the dragon. It was the king, the trusted adviser and the 43 people. I took the crown off and gave it to the king. I got on my knees but the king lifted me up and gave me the crown. “You did well. I failed as a king. I left my people and didn’t come back.”
“At least you’re back now, and dragons, I am sorry I misjudged you!”
“It is okay. We never disposed of your people.” The people and dragons lived in harmony together. Little did they know that those returned were not the same. For the dragons, the plan was really just beginning.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!