End Of The World

It was a normal Saturday afternoon. Thankfully we had just come back from a grocery trip with my dad so we were stocked on food. CRASH the car crashed into the sidewalk where my dad was. People were screaming then we saw something… monster blood all over its face. I was so scared I ran to my friend's house to be safe. They were all sleeping so I woke them up and told them. It was the apocalypse

I ran to the doors to barricade them with chairs. While everyone was panicking. Then I started to take all the canned food and pack everything that's useful and put it in the closet. It started to fog up and rain thunderstruck and everyone was scared. The army had come and started shooting the zombies we were about to go out with but we heard them say to kill all the civilians so as not to take any chances. They knocked on the door so we hid in the closet and locked it behind ourselves then they knocked the door down. So we prayed for our lives. I missed my dad so much, I wished he were there.

An officer tried to open the closet door but he couldn't so he used a sledge hammer. It was working so I hid in the clothes and held my breath. And it worked, he had gone away, and we were safe for now at least. As soon as we heard them go we hopped in the car and went to a nearby grocery store to start a new life until civilization came back and the zombies died out. Due to the hot weather and maggots, the zombies were dying. But winter came and because of the fog, it got increasingly colder so the zombies adapted and grew their population. The food was running low so we moved from store to store. Then from city to city, from state to state. We then found the golden spot of a zombie-free island. Tasmania, though getting there was going to be hard we needed a boat that is still in good enough condition for a two-week boat ride.

First, we needed to get as close as possible which was Melbourne. There was a massive harbor and so many boats there were yachts, fishing boats, and cruise boats but the only one in good condition and that had a good amount of food was a small fishing boat. We set sail, 1 week in we ran out of food so we started to fish. We were so unlucky at first but we caught our first break when we caught a trout so we started a fire and ate. We woke up to a zombie climbing aboard it pulled me under the water and I climbed back aboard and started the engine to get away. "Wake up!" I had passed out, it was a dream.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!