The Two Friends

The doorbell rang, I opened the door slowly and it was my best friend Matt. Matt was 8 years old, the same age as me. He said we should check out a new water park and a new slide called The Big Funnel. Matt told me to put on my swimmers, but I said I should ask my parents. My parents said yes and we went to the water park actually called Water World, we saw The Big Funnel. The Big Funnel was a giant creepy looking slide. It was ENORMOUS!

We lined up for about 20 minutes to get up to the top. You had to be more than 1.3 metres high, luckily Matt and I were. There was a medium size yellow inflatable that had 4 holes. We went in the two holes and stretched our legs to the middle of the inflatable. The guy who was helping told us to wiggle in the inflatable and we were IN. First, it was pitch black and the inflatable was wobbling, then we saw light. I felt relieved, but I didn’t feel that after I saw a big hole. The inflatable went straight down a gigantic funnel and we went side to side in it. Matt and I were screaming our heads off. It was a little swirly and we landed on water. We were safe!

After The Big Funnel we played Mario Kart at my house. I told Matt to ask his parents if we could have a sleepover at my place. Matt's parents said yes. We went to bed but something was bothering me. I heard a noise. I finally got to sleep. I woke up and checked my alarm clock. It was 4am. I tried to go back to sleep but the same thing was bothering me again, the same weird noise coming from downstairs. I decided to wake up Matt and we both checked downstairs.

We saw a light coming from my computer room and we saw a person walking towards us. I told Matt to run. He ran for his life, I’ve never seen him run so fast. I felt scared until I realised who it was - my dad giving us bread and jam to eat in case we were hungry. He was right. After we ate we waited for my dad to go back to sleep. Matt and I quietly went downstairs to play Playstation 5. I’d been waiting to show him this new game called MX Motors, a game of dirtbiking. After we played we watched TV and it was only 5:30. We stayed up until 7:00 and finally my parents woke up. After breakfast we played on the devices and until Matt had to go home. We decided to hide from our parents. We went into the backyard and found the best hiding spot behind the shed. We lasted for an hour before my mum found me and I had to go home.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!