The Emergency

It was an ordinary day but as I woke up I was surrounded by smoke. I was scared and thought it was just my brother pranking me. But when I got closer to my door I saw flames coming from the kitchen. I ran as fast as I could to get my parents but as I was running into their room I realized that they were working late tonight and work until 5 in the morning.
So I ran and grabbed my one-year-old little brother and my older siblings. I got put outside with my younger sibling while my older sibling quickly got as much stuff as they could. My brother carried all the TVs out of the house because they were really expensive. While they were doing that I called the fire department. They were 4 hours away, so they said to grab all the hoses and try to put out the fire. The fire got too big, we lost our house, my parents got home and saw all the furniture outside.
My mum was in tears because she thought that we were still inside ever since that day. My parents always leave me in control so they know that we will be ok. I even got a surprise for my birthday. 6 fire trucks came by the house and stayed for cake and got me some presents. I'm so grateful that my family is ok. This was not the first time something like this had happened before but at the same family barn only 2 years earlier.
Getting back to our old lives, still pretty shocked by what happened. Only a few days later, sitting in the lounge and suddenly a car crashed into the lounge room hurting a lot of us. I was in the kitchen then heard the big BOOM! I walked in and saw Jacob on the floor not moving!
"Jacob! No!" He wasn't responding, we tried to awaken the others with no response. I helped Jacob up and carried him to the neighbour who was a doctor. The doctor stopped the bleeding but Jacob was in critical condition he was hanging on for his life.
Arriving at the hospital and Jacob was taken straight to surgery and they gave a 50/50 chance of Jacob surviving. Mum was so worried she started to hyperventilate and she passed out. CPR had Mum again breathing. Sadly Jacob passed away, the rest of our family survived but our hearts never fully mended. The guy who crashed into the lounge room also died.
Until next time, we hope there are no more emergencies.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!