Revenge Is Coming

Sunday had always been my favourite day of the week, Lily would buy my favourite snacks, make my bed clean and even take me to special places! Today that’s different. Lily’s friend, Fosiah, would come to our house, which was nightmarish news to me. She ruins my day every time! What a pity I can’t talk. But I guess whether I liked it or not wasn’t Lily’s fault, so I’ll just have to hope for the best and deal with it.
‘Ding, ding!’ chorused the doorbell. A plump girl walked in and looked around. “Snowy!!” she cried, as she ran frantically towards my direction, ruffling my fur with her muddy hands. “Aww, good boy!!” Boy? Boy?? All those years Fosiah had come to and destroy our house…and she doesn’t even know my gender? I just want to pounce on her…get revenge on her. But it was all too late. Fosiah ran towards my bed, probably thinking it was a mat, and sat on it with a huge smile spread across her face. CRRRRUUSHH! I’d spent three months' worth of time saving up all those treats; alas, a 56 kilogram girl made all that effort go to waste. “Ooh, cool! Nice ASMR in this mat!”
Lily and Fosiah then thundered up the stairs, so I followed them. I hopped into my owner’s bedroom and curled up into a ball on Lily’s soft white bed. “Woah, you have so many pillows!” Fosiah gasped, charging towards the bed I was once comfortably lying on. “Umm, Fosiah? I think you’ve mistaken Snowy for a pillow.” God. I can’t thank Lily enough. I was almost flattened into a pancake! Stretching out, I then sat on the carpet next to the bed.
“Aww, Snowy! Don’t leave me! I want to carry you!” the nightmarish girl cried, squeezing me so tight that I almost suffocated. I shook fiercely, trying extremely hard to make her let go of me. But she simply refused to. She took me off my feet and rocked me back and forth as if I were a baby. It actually wasn't as bad as I expected. But that was said all too early. Fosiah let go of one arm to scratch her nose and… BAMM!!
“Snowy?” cried an anxious voice as cold hands aggressively shook my body. I attempted to blink my eyes open (which wasn’t easy, since I probably had my eyes closed for a few days or so), to see a sheet-white Lily. “SNOWY!!! I thought I would lose you forever, even though you’re only a puppy! Well, now that I’ve forbidden Fosiah from coming to our house, please get up and I’ll take you to the vet,” she breathed. Although there was a huge and painful bruise on my leg, the doctor stated that there was a miniature fracture and that all I needed was plenty of rest. So I rested and now I’m ready for revenge. Lily and I have planned this well…

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!