Wish Agent

I stared down at the computer screen as I read the assigned wish. I wanted to screech at her, roar at the selfishness she had and how I was going to get punished for it. I felt myself fall into a void of emotions. My life was on the line because of someone’s unrealistic wish. Wishing upon a shooting star has been a phrase the outside world uses. Out of the millions of wishes, I had to be paired with a life-threatening little girl’s wish.
“Cruelty” I uttered to myself as I picked myself up in a silent rage. I gazed at my computer screen once more and sighed. “Wish Agent, huh?” I mumbled to myself.
I took a step down to the frozen grass and let out a gasp of air. I felt my body release all the built-up forgotten memories and dreams that had possessed inside me. I absorbed my surroundings; I was in the outside world. “This is it,” I whispered to myself. “It’s time to make this little girl’s wish come true.”
My body launched itself down the hill, I felt a sharp pain cut through my chest as I heard the cries for help surround me “Wishing is a killer machine,” I heard a cold, shrilly voice mumble as cackles arose.
I came to a halt as I saw a long, tall silhouette of a womanly figure. Her nails were scratching against the grass as she let out a screech. A second one followed, and they both wailed. The screams and cries for help were now making my ears bleed as they grew louder. The figures’ shrieks made me let out a yelp in pain, the figures paused, then speeded in my direction. I tried to sprint, but I couldn’t, I was in complete shock. In a split-second, the two figures were standing above me. “Escaping so soon?” One said as a grin came across her face. “N-n-no, but I have a wish to complete,” I said in a whisper. “You can complete a wish but leaving the agency is forbidden. Do you see why?” said the second figure. I nodded as the figures let out a screech. “You won’t be completing the wish anytime soon,” Said the first figure. The figures both shrieked and cackled as I felt a wave of power go through my body. Blood surged out my fingertips and into the mouth of the wailing figures as they cackled and skipped around. I prayed for sanity as I closed my eyes tightly shut. My life flashed before my eyes, and I felt the spirit inside me leave the Earth.

I am a wish agent,
Children wish upon a shooting star.
Their wish gets categorised, and an assigned agent is designated it.
We must not escape the agency.
We must not harm the agency.
We must act professionally and not discuss our assigned wish with others.
If we break any of these rules, our existence is regenerated.
I am a wish agent.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!