Find Home.

Ride the fine lines, and keep going.
No longer are you home, no longer do you indulge in what once was.
Along the road two vultures battle for prey.
For home only exists far away.
The tormenting glee of nostalgia impedes your journey but somehow drives you forward.
Deluded by the promise of happiness, only memories of such sensations exist in dreams.
They fight, they fight over you.
For home only exists by these means.
Become incorporeal, lift off the ground as the tethers that bind you to the world further fasten.
Happiness has become relegated to a surrealistic depiction of the past, the pipe dream that was.
They shall both lose.
For home only exists in what time has consumed.
Running backward, all that could be, and all that will be, have become indistinguishable from each other.
Do men fear the absence of home, the lack of ground, the lack of anything within reach?
Nihilism and hope are nothing but falsehoods conceived by juxtaposing will and apathy.
For home only exists in the absence of such emotions.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!