Hell On Earth

A crumbling once-steel skeleton of a skyscraper, made into stone by an unholy rainstorm of hellfire and nuclear death. A child’s skeleton, preserved between layers of sediment, wrapped in the skeletal embrace of its parents. Such are the horrors of war, entombed in irradiated rock centuries after the fact, an everlasting testament to human cruelty; a monument to the carnage of ages past.

A month has passed since the remnants of humanity ventured from their subterranean catacombs and begun resettlement of the broken Earth, sowing seeds in half-glassed sand dunes where soil was once available in abundance.

The bones of whales lie upon drained seafloors, the water boiled away by the detonation of a thousand stars in the sky above. Streams of molten steel run through jagged canyons, the tenfold-intensified sun beating down on any life that dare draw breath in Hell - because that is what this is, Hell made real through man’s own cruelty. And what is Hell if not the absence of a God - the gods turning away from their creation, who themselves have forsaken their creators.

Such are the horrors of war, a monument to the carnage of ages past.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!