The Lost Girl

It was one of those clear, sunny days when you just had to be outside. Millie was at her favourite park as she brought a small fuchsia tulip up to her nose. Suddenly, she heard a loud tremor but everyone else in the park looked as though they hadn’t heard a thing. Shivers ran down her spine as the brown haired girl dropped her pink flower.

“Am I going crazy?” she thought to herself, trying to calm herself down. “Probably nothing.” She muttered.

“Come, Millie. I have something to show you.” A slithery voice whispered. “M-m-me?” Millie whispered back. “Of course you, who else at the park is called Millie?” The strange voice replied. She looked around and realised no one was at the park except her. She couldn’t hold in her curiosity any longer. She followed the voice as it whispered for her to follow. She kept walking until she stopped at a big, wide birch tree. “This is the place.” The voice said. “What do you want me to do? Admire a tree?” Millie asked, looking at the tree confused. “You need to run straight into the tree. Just trust me.” The mysterious voice replied. Without thinking, Millie jumped into it and the tree sucked her whole….

She landed with a thud on her hands and knees and realised that she wasn’t in the park anymore. Millie got up and saw a narrow dark green path that led into a deep dark forest. She began to follow the path and as soon as she put one foot in the forest she instantly knew that she was going to regret walking into the dark forest. She went down the path anyway since it was her only chance to find help. After what seemed like hours of walking, the voice spoke again. “Ah Millie, I’ve been waiting for you.” Suddenly a long object dropped right in front of Millie. It took a moment for her to realise that it was a long black snake with beady yellow eyes and a malicious grin. It slithered away and Millie followed with a ray of hope inside of her.

The snake led her to a small cottage at the end of the forest. “Come in.” the smoke hissed. Millie sat on a small armchair and helped herself to some cookies. “So, what’s the thing you wanted to show me?” Millie asked her curiosity practically leaking out of her brain. “Ah, yes of course! I’ll go and get it now.” the snake said with a sly grin. Before Millie could say anything, the snake was already gone. After a while, the snake still wasn’t back. Millie went outside and decided to go back into the damp forest. After hours of searching for the snake she decided to go back but as she turned around she noticed that the path was gone! She slouched down on the forest floor and she began to cry.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!