Bedtime

It’s so dark that you can’t tell whether your eyes are open or closed.
The consistent ticking of the clock in your room is reminding you time is writhing out of your grasp.
The soft putter patter of the rain against the windows is relaxing and comforting.
It makes your bed seem a little warmer, for you to pull the blanket a little closer.
The silence is so loud that it drowns out everything else, but not so deafening that you cannot hear your own thoughts.
It’s such a gorgeous time to be alone with yourself.
You nudge the side of the curtain open to peek outside.
Moonlight floods the road and twinkling stars sparkle in the distant.
Your eyelids start to feel heavy as you savour the last few moments of peace in your day.
You release the tension in your body
and drift off into a deep restful sleep,
so oblivious and safe,
so warm and welcoming.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!