The Rescue

“eek I can’t wait!” that’s what everyone was saying because today is the school excursion! It was at a bush walk and it seemed so interesting.
The bus we went on had a scent of old paper or books the seats were felt with patterns and smudges or who knows what. The trip was exciting the view was amazing I fortunately got the window seat next to my friend, some parts of the ride was bumpy and not smooth. Considering that we were driving on ash-felt.
We finally got into the park and were getting ready when all of a sudden it started raining, everyone rushed to a shelter but for me I was looking at the view and didn’t notice where they were going. So, I decided to just run to the nearest shelter I could find which was a rock very close to me in the forest.
I remember clearly that I was stressed I couldn’t find my school mates and would get lost, who could’ve guessed it came true.
1 hr has passed and I was still wondering around looking for the class, no luck. After 2 hrs of panicking, crying and struggling I gave up, I just sat on top of a rock wondering if I would ever find them again.
That’s when I heard screaming and talking, my heart stopped. MY CLASS!! I raced towards them crying and screaming. It was a relief I got back who knows what’s in the forest.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!