The Rainbow Disaster

Once, in an age of wonder and mystery, there were three unicorns that went by the names of Hope, Nova and Meadow. In Unicorn City they were also known as ‘The Rainbow Dancers’, famous for their award-winning rainbow dancing at the Rain Fest each year.
“Come on, we’ll be late!” Nova exclaimed to Hope. “I want to win again but mostly I just want to have fun with you guys, that’s what really counts.”
“Mm-hm” Hope replied, concentrating on putting her sparkly, pink, frilly tutu on.
When they got to the city square, they realised something was terribly wrong. “Why isn’t it raining? If there’s no rain, there’s no rainbows!” shouted someone in the crowd.
“We need to figure out why it’s not raining, surely we can fix it together.” Replied Nova.
In their quest to save the day the friends find themselves in the Mulberry Woods…
“The Mulberry Woods? I don’t see…” said Hope confused, but Meadow cut her off.
“Ohhh, we’re going to ask the forest creatures for help! How smart!” she exclaimed loudly.
“Shhh, let’s go!” Hope whispered. In the woods, there was not a creature to be found. “Arrgh” muttered Hope in a low voice. “We need to be quieter so we don’t scare the animals.”
They explored the area and eventually came to a clearing. “Hello there!” said a tiny voice from what seemed like nowhere. Startled, they looked to the source of the squeaky sound and found a tiny grey squirrel sitting on a tree stump. “I’m Fluffy, what brings you to the Mulberry Woods?” said the furry little animal. The Rainbow Dancer’s explained their dilemma. “Well, I don’t know why it’s not raining in Unicorn City, but I think I know who might be able to help!” Fluffy said “You should seek the advice of the scientist fairies. You can find their lab at the top of Northern Hill.”
“That’s not far from here, we can be there in a jiffy on our cloud.” Meadow said excitedly. Then, instantly a small bolt of pink lightning struck the ground next to them and poof! a pink sparkly cloud appeared where the lightning had struck. All the unicorn friends jumped on. “Thanks Fluffy” said Hope and they flew off to the Northern Hill.
“I’ll knock.” said Hope, ‘a-rat-a-tat-tat’ went her hoof on the door. Suddenly, the door swung open and standing there was a scientist fairy “Hello” she said. “Can I help you?” They told her the whole story. “Well, to make a rainbow, light and rain must collide at a certain angle. Since it’s not raining, you could ask a unicorn with water-powers to help you.”
“I’ve got water-powers!” Nova exclaimed.
“And I’ve got light-powers!” yelled Hope excitedly.
“We can make a rainbow!” they all shouted in unison.
“What’s your name?” Meadow asked the scientist fairy.
“Amira.” she replied.
Together they said, “Thank you, Amira you’ve saved the day! Let’s do it!” they exclaimed and flew off on their cloud.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!