My Magical Pet Kitten

Whoosh! In the sunny and bright bedroom, in the centre of Kate’s room there was a bright golden flash, then Kate gasped as she saw a mythical-looking creature! Kate didn’t know what it was but without thinking, she ran to the adorable-looking animal and stroked it. Weird! But Kate was still astonished when her mom called her.
“Kate, dinner’s ready!”
Quick, she thought. I need to hide the animal! So Kate quietly but quickly hid the magical rainbow-looking animal in her cupboard and then ran down the stairs because she was getting tacos for dinner and it was always her most favourite food! Then she suddenly came up with a great idea. Maybe I could sneakily use/keep him as a pet!? But Kate couldn’t wait any longer.
“Mum!” she cried, looking shocked. “In my bedroom there is a rainbow kitten!”
“Ohhh my gosh! Let me see.” So Kate let her lovely mom into Kate’s room and let her see the sparkly kitten and mom gasped.
“Ahhhhhhh!!!?” mom shrieked.
“It’s OK,” said Kate. “Can I pleaaaase keep her as a pet, please?” asked Kate politely. “I’ll do anything!”
“OK fine,” answered mom letting out a surrendering sigh.
“Yay!!”
Then Kate ran up the stairs excitedly to put the sparkly kitten away. Kate quickly chose a cute name for the golden kitten, Sparkle, and then ran downstairs to gobble up her dinner. As soon as Kate opened the door, she saw a bright flash and some hands – Sparkle was gone. Kate felt tears welling up in her eyes so she tried to keep them back but unfortunately, she couldn’t help her tears run down her cheeks and sniff.
A second later, Kate’s mom came rushing into Kate’s room. Kate’s mom’s arms wrapped around Kate’s body tightly. Surprisingly, as soon as Kate calmed down, Sparkle flashed back!

The End

By Amali Molnar

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!