The Last Survivors

Boom, crash, thump, I can hear people's screams as if there was a snake or something familiar but as I turned the corner I'm on the floor. Crunch, the sound of something biting on my skin so I scream in pain and terror of what it is. Bang! I hear a gunshot then feel this weight lifted and as I open my eyes to see a tall black haired guy with a shirt that look likes it's just been to war. I hear voices but it sounds like a person that is wounded like after a lion has attacked a zebra. I stand up but feel like I could just fall down and as I turn around, black.

I wake up on an uncomfortable thing which seems to be like a hundred years old. I hear whispers then a lady with a ripped shirt, a scared face and a cut all over says, “How do you feel honey?”
But it was weird because I had never said I was a girl and I reply, “I feel f..f..fine.” and as I replied I fell backwards to a hard metal pole at the end of the bed. then I realize it's not a bed it's the thing from the hospital. I sit up look around and start to cry. I see around that there are cameras from all different perspectives and arms and legs fly around but the way they look is not normal. Their backs, arms and hands are sloping also the way they look is rotten like an old, rotten apple looks.

Some people start whispering about me or the things on the screen that a man and a lady walk up and start patting my back. After I’ve calmed down I softly say, ”What’s going on?”
The man on the right that I somehow recognise says, “A lab exploded that had a weird chemical or redanion infected people and have turned into some sort of thing but in best words zombies.”
The lady loudly said, “We saved you just after the explosion but that man's twin had saved you but didn't realize there was a zombie so he got taken away and never seen again.”.
“So where are we now?”,
“We are in a hospital with all the survivors but are surrounded by zombies so we are coming up with a plan so you lay down and rest.”.

“Wake up! Wake up! We have to go now.”
I get up and grab anything I can to help, then follow all the people and it is complete silence except for the shuffle of our feet. I hear noises but not from humans. From things that used to be humans. People start to run then in my head ding I hear zombies, so I start to run but from behind I feel hard but soft uneasy skin then get pulled back.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!