Lost

Lost

“YAY, I got a drone! Yes, now I can fly it over the corn maze!” Kai shouted. Kai has been wishing for a drone for two years and finally got it on his eighth birthday party. The drone’s name was the Tello 2000 that can fly for over one hour and thirty minutes. There were sixteen people at the birthday party at the corn maze in Malanda. The height of the corn was 2.5m and the soil was a bright scarlet red.

Kai and his mate Jackson that came to his birthday party, buddied up to complete the corn maze together. After five minutes of trying to complete the maze they got lost as they ran on the hard gravely layer of ground.

The friends were trying to figure out how to get out of the corn maze when Jackson started getting tired and thirsty. This was a big problem because Jackson certainly would get dehydrated on this hot day.
“Ah, I forgot to bring my water bottle. I’m starting to get dizzy and really hot” complained Jackson. “I think we should go left.”
“No that way!’’ said Kai.
“No that way,’’ the boys started to argue because the corn maze’s twists and turns were confusing them. The boys ran forward and found a dead end.
“Ahh Kai I’m sooo thirsty!’’ cried Jackson.
`
“What's that rustling noise in the corn? said Kai. He saw something green and long slithering and slurping. “Ahh it's a snake, we need to get away from it!” screamed Kai.
“Ouch man down!’’ Jackson screamed as he was bit. The snake slithered back into the enormous corn. “Help me Kai, it hurts a lot! Was it venomous?”
“I’m not sure, but we can find out after we get out of the maze. I brought the drone to get us out of here,” said Kai.

Kai got his drone out from his backpack while he and Jackson were struggling to get out of the maze. He turned the drone on.
“Is it working?’’ asked Jackson.
“Yes,'' murmured Kai, “but I just need to figure out how to fly it to get us out of here by looking in the camera of the drone. Look, we are almost out!” Kai gasped, “WE ARE OUT!”

Standing there were their parents at the birthday party. Jackson’s dad called them over and saw what was on the back of Jackson’s leg. “What happened, Jackson?” said Jackson’s dad in a worried voice.
“Well there was a flash of green and I think it was a snake. It bit me on the back of the leg!” answered Jackson.
“Ok, ok, it’s not venomous,” one of the other parents said to Jackson after they checked on their phone what kind of snake bite it was. Luckily it was just a green tree snake.
“Phew, I thought I wasn’t going to be ok,” replied Jackson. “Thanks for getting me out of there Kai.”
“You’re welcome. Friends always stick together” said Kai calmly.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!