On The Run

Three mice lived in a teapot. One was called Chip, and the other two were Mama Mouse and Papa mouse. They lived near the woods. As the day passed, night came. Thump! A big mysterious noise came. Thump it went again. It woke the family in shock and they opened the door. Creeeeeeek! Standing right there was a big stripy cat. Meooooow. In a blink of an eye, boom their house was crushed to tiny bits. All they have to do now is run. The cat was so big you would die. It was a frightening time. The family turned their heads to look but the cat was gone. Phew but now they had to find a new house.

One year passed and they were tired. They had walked through deserts, rainforests, towns and more. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr. Thunder rumbled above them. It was starting to rain. More than rain, thunder. More than thunder, hail. More than hail, a cyclone! It was getting windy. It separated the family. “Chip!” “Mama!” “Papa!” they all called to each other, but they couldn't hear themselves. The day disappeared fast and they were all alone. Chip couldn’t sleep with his mama.

Morning arrived, the three mice were still shouting and calling for each other until their throats hurt. They gave up. They thought they would never see each other again.

The next night, snap out of the black, big bright eyes came out from the shadows. “Rrooowww''! The cat ran toward Chip at the speed of lightning and it looked as hungry as ever. “Cats!” Chip barked, “they found me!” As Chip charged away from the cat he noticed Mama and Papa racing alongside him. The family were back together but they were being rounded up. Now they had to find a plan to escape. They lost the cat, behind some thick bushes, but not for long. As they huddled up they said… “Chip you distract the cat, Mama and Papa will circle around the cat. After the cat is distracted, Run!”

After the count of three the cat found them huddling under the bush. It was now or never. “Remember the plan” reminded Mama. “Yes,” the boys agreed bravely. They started the plan. Mama and Papa surrounded the cat. Chip called out to the cat “look a bird!” Mama counted “3.2.1… run!” They ran as fast and swiftly as the wind. They had run for so long they were sick of running. They were now in the centre of the woods. They started to rebuild their house. Four years passed and Chip was five. Their new house was built and they lived happily. The end… unless it happens again.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!