Paper Planes

Ring! The bell rang, everybody cheered. It was time for lunch. I ran but Audrey walked. “Hey” I cried out behind me, “let's run”. I sprinted past. But shortly after I noticed that Audrey had stopped so I went to check on her. She was holding a big piece of paper. “Omg!” I gasped. “Oooo! I think I’ve got an idea! What if we made a paper plane contest?” “Yeah!” agreed Audrey.

When we finished setting up the contest a boy walked up to us and entered the contest. “It’s twelve dollars to enter the paper plane contest” we said. “Fine. I'll do it” mumbled the boy.
“Three, two, one, go!”. We folded and flipped. Flipped and folded. We were about to finish and we really wished we could get on the plane. We were trying to hop in but we got interrupted by a size ray. ZAAP! The paper plane became huge! Then we got fifteen blow dryers and turned them on full blast. It got windier and windier. WOOSH!

Away we sailed. We crossed mountains and deserts. All we heard were birds and then a horrible noise. RIP! “Please tell me that was your pants!” I exclaimed. “Sorry that wasn’t my pants” Audrey answered. “Then what was it?” I asked nervously. We looked directly at the plane…. Now we knew! There's only one thing to do. AAA!

When we opened our eyes, we were shocked to see we were in China. “Why are we here?'' asked Audrey. “I think the paper plane flew us here,” explained Lily. “What are we going to do now?” mumbled Audrey. “We have to fix the plane,” said Lily in an unflappable way. “So, what are we going to fix it with? Audrey exclaimed. “Hmm mud!’ No… ooo …I know what! Sticky tape!

So, we set off around Chinatown to find the sticky tape. Soon after we found sticky tape and set off on the wind back to school.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!