The Time Portal

“Please can we go!” begged Casey. “The water park is so awesome”. Casey was a young energetic girl (who loved water). She went to the pool, beach and lake almost every day.
Morning was here and it was the day Casey had been dreaming of forever. She got out of bed, put her swimmers on and charged into Mum's bedroom. “It's here, the day is finally here”. You see, Casey was going to the water park for Mum's birthday! Mum got up and got ready.
“Yes! We're here” she exclaimed excitedly. She ran over to the lightning bolt (the biggest water-slide). As Casey climbed up the lightning bolt so many thoughts were going through her head. “What if I fall off, what if I get scared’. It was her turn to slide and as she stared at the slide and the rushing water she got ready. Casey took a deep breath and pushed. Down, down, down she slid and as Casey went down she saw a hole appearing at the bottom of the slide. “Help, help!” she screamed.
‘Ahhhhh’ Casey wailed as she fell into the hole. It was dark, gloomy and creepy! “Hello? Is anybody there?”
An hour had passed and it was getting dark. “What if no-one comes to get me, help!” she wailed. Suddenly she got swept off her feet and before she knew it, Casey was fast asleep!
Casey woke up to a little “Mummy, is it morning yet?” She couldn't believe her eyes!
“I must have gone through a time portal” she thought to herself. “You're silly mummy.”
“Is this a dream?” she thought to her-self. “WOW!”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!