Stuck In A Cave

It was twenty long years ago. One fateful night that would change a pair of crazy kids lives for ever.

They were deep in a beautiful jungle. They were just going for a stroll. They were on one of their amazing school excursions when it happened.

It wasn’t long before they became lost. As they wiped away the sweat from the heat that hit their faces, they stopped when they saw a huge moat full of LAVA. More extraordinarily there in the middle of the moat, was a huge ancient temple. Vines crept down the ancient walls, showing that no one had entered this place for thousands of years.
The kids thought that the temple was just a myth, but no, here it was. They searched for a way over the moat and eventually found a HUGE tree spanning the moat. The log wobbled precariously as they carefully tiptoed over the twisted trunk.

Relieved, the kids searched for an entrance. As they got closer to the door, the ground underneath them cracked and moved. It was becoming more intense as they approached the entrance. They stepped carefully, trying to avoid traps, when suddenly, the ground began to rumble and suddenly, the ground disappeared beneath them.
They fell into a deep, deep, deep cave.

STUCK IN A CAVE!!!
Now I know what you're thinking, who are these people and why are they on a school excursion and we are not? All will be revealed when the story is done. Keep reading, it’s a really good story.
These two kids were Michael (who LOVES playing video games) and Emma (who LOVES horses and horse riding). They both love going to school and having fun with their friends, but these two kids just weren't any old kids they were Jeff Bezos's children and he said if the kids got into trouble on the excursion, he would sue the school!
So back to the story we go...

So, there they were stuck in a cave with no food, no communication and Emma had a broken arm. Michael was determined to get out, so he climbed the wall by making a ladder out of the old vines that were in the temple.
He reached the top of the temple grounds and just as he clambered out of the cave and looked around, a shiver ran down his back. His palms got sweaty, he was frozen in time.

Turning quickly around he waltzed and stumbled as if in a trance straight back down into the cave.

Emma pondered what could have been wrong? She took one look at the terrified look on his face. What had happened?

Michael clutched his arms across his chest. He tried to slow his breathing. Finally, he stammered whisper- like, “I’ve just seen Him. I’ve just seen my virtual enemy from that video game!”
Fear choked his voice as he muttered, “He can’t be real. The Sun King, he can’t be real!”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!