I Was Stuck!

Whoosh! Bang! Boom!
Screaming, the kids ran to the side fence to find their mums and dads. What had happened?
It all started on the day of my first soccer game of the season. It was 2-2 by halftime and my coach was giving us a breakdown of the plan he had made to tell us what to do. Right in the middle of his talk a deafening noise whirred above us and we turned to see a gigantic boulder burning and hurtling as it came flying down from space.
Then there was a massive bang!!!
As the other kids rushed to the fence I realised that I had been catapulted up into the sky. It was so sudden that I had only blinked and realized that I was halfway to the moon.
Suddenly it was hot all around me. I was on fire as I hurtled through the atmosphere. I was flying and then suddenly I slowed and started falling down just like a boulder but instead I looked like a pebble compared to it. Faster and faster I headed toward the ground.
I felt so small, what had happened? I knew I had to lay my body, arms and legs out so that I could glide to the ground.
But of course, the strangest thing had to happen when I landed. I landed inside the muddy soccer ball. How small was I?
My teammates didn’t seem to care where I was or that the field had a large boulder sitting right in the middle. They just continued playing around the giant boulder.
The problem was that the soccer ball I’d landed in was the ball they were playing with! Clancy and Lucas started passing the ball to each other, but Lucas decided to belt the ball, sadly for me. I curled up tight but when I landed every single bone in the simulated universe was sadly shaken. I was in great pain. I couldn’t get up! I was stuck!
I started screaming and I guess someone heard me because the next minute I was being shaken like I was a baby rattler.
I think that I will be having nightmares for the rest of my life. That was very scary. It’s a wonder that I didn’t have a heart attack!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!