The Nuclear Factory

THE NUCLEAR FACTORY

The pounding wind was causing the car to sway on the road. The surrounding shrubs were being de-rooted and lifting like an insect from a flower. There were many signs reading the same warning, “WARNING: Do NOT enter. Land may contain unearthed bombs. Notify authorities if located.”. There were many old, tired shacks surround by junkyards of rust. The scenery was not something you would pay money for; it was not somewhere you would want to live. It got even worse as the large compound of glimmering metal came into sight. There were huge clouds of toxic green and deathly black smoke pouring out of large smoke columns. There were sounds of electricity coming from inside, as if there was a pure ball of electricity just sitting there. The power lines were fizzing and crackling, sending sparks of toxic electricity flying through the air. I woke up, I thought it was a dream, but it wasn’t, there was still the green smoke in the air and electrical sparks in the air. There was only one explanation, a nuclear factory, a deadly, toxic, unsafe, illegal nuclear factory.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!