The Secret Candy Land

Excuse me, yes you! I have to ask you a question. Have you ever heard about the giant dinosaur? Well we are NOT talking about that today, sorry to disappoint you.
This story all started on Sunday, when Sabrina was having a hot shower. “Sabrina honey, are you done? I left my brush in this bathroom” Sabrina’s mum asked nicely as she stood right at the front of the tall door to the bathroom. “No! Can’t you just wait!” Sabrina shouted angrily. “How dare you!” added Mum and quickly stomped away. Finally Sabrina was finished in the bathroom and put on her colourful clothing and raced out of the house. A few lampposts and mailboxes later she finally got to the park.

Soon she found her friend Lilly in the park. “Hello!” They both cried in excitement. They then began running along the flat concrete track. “I can see that you have been practicing” noted Lilly impressed. “Not really” Sabrina laughed. Sabrina’s foot slipped and she suddenly fell backwards and disappeared. “Ahhhhhhh!” Sabrina shouted in deep horror. Where did she go? Lilly then lost her balance and fell down the deep tunnel too “Aaaaahhhh!” Shouted Lilly as she fell and hit her head hard. To her amazement she turned around and saw the most dazzling things.

She saw luscious green trees and did I mention it was raining candy? But yes, there was candy of any size and any colour you could think of. Wow it was amazing. “I hate to break it to you but WE NEED TO GET OUT OF HERE!” Screamed Lilly. A maroon and black bunny hopped along in front of the girls. They thought it was strange at first but everything here is strange! The bunny was cute and fluffy so it was harmless right? “Are you lost?” Asked the bunny. “Umm.. yes” answered Lilly. “If you go to the end of the track you will see a giant rock, tap it three times and then it will open up, just walk through there” the bunny told them as he continued on his way.

One hour later they were just about to give up but they finally saw the giant rock the bunny mentioned. “Finally! Yay! We are going to go home and pretend this never happened” Sabrina quickly rushed up to the rock. Tap! Tap! Tap! Suddenly everything turned maroon and black the trees, the clouds, the sky and the grass. Instead of raining candy it was raining VEGETABLES!! In an instant Sabrina woke up in her cosy white bed and quickly jumped out of her bed as she realised it was all a weird, terrible dream.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!